Standard recycling procedures and ecologically sensible policies and practices have been implemented throughout all aspects of our operations/facilities, and as it relates to new product development and project management. Furthermore, we insist on a similar operational philosophy from our vendor-partners.
We will continue to strive towards certification across all product categories as well as make sustainable improvements in all areas of business. A representative example of other in-force measures Arcadia employs to support intelligent environmental policies include:
- Ensure product life-cycle longevity and non-obsolescence via the design, engineering, and manufacturing processes and subsequent product refurbishment and re-use potential.
- Design products, and/or re-engineer existing to maximize the use and or re-use of recycled and/or recyclable components and sub-parts.
- Utilize raw materials (such as wood products) only from renewable, sustainable sources.
- Design and implement 'optimizer' manufacturing efficiencies so as to reduce 'scrap' waste throughout production sequences.
- Minimize the generation, emission or discharge of waste and harmful or regulated substances and pollutants from manufacturing operations commensurate with current government codes, laws and/or industry regulations.
- Specify, and utilize 'engineered pre-cut' foam, which eliminates virtually all on-site scrap foam waste.
- Increase the use of recyclable materials as appropriate for all general office, marketing, manufacturing, and shipping applications.
- Eliminate use of any non-recyclable packaging materials as well as utilize alternative shipping methods such as 'blanket wrapped delivery'.
- Utilize remnant 'COM' materials previously destined to landfills as interior spring-to- foam barrier cloth on upholstered goods.
- Contract for the external reuse of scrap woodchip materials and sawdust which are recycled and used for the following: soil enhancement in nurseries, MDF particle board manufacturing and fueling co-generation factories which simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat.
- Contract for the external use of scrap leather cutting remnants.
- Minimize the generation of, recycle, and/or ensure the proper disposal of all office generated waste materials.
- Donate outdated product marketing and collateral materials to college and university design programs for educational purposes.
We are committed to being a leader in the practical application of current and future technologies that will protect our environment today, and for future generations to come.